Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Depriving My Kids

So, I know I'm not up for any "mom of the year" awards but, I thought I was doing a pretty good job until yesterday morning. I went downstairs to make breakfast and soon realized I was out of my usually nutritious and delicious breakfast of champions, Eggo waffles. So, it was on to plan B, cold cereal. Unfortunately, out of milk! CRAP! I have to admit, my first thought was, if we hurry we can make it to McDonald's before school! but, you'll be happy to know that I decided on scrambled eggs and toast.

So here is were the "deprivation" part comes in. Tiff comes in the kitchen, "Who are those for? Are they for us? "(at this point she is getting a little excited). I say ,"yes". Tiff, "why?" She doesn't wait for a response. Instead, she runs to tell Nicole. Tiffany, "mom is making us scrambled eggs!" Nicole, "she is"? At this point Nicole comes in the kitchen and starts asking A MILLION questions about WHY am I making eggs (if you know Nicole, you know what I'm talking about). I'm not quite sure what she was asking or even what I was saying in response but I do remember that her last question to me was, " are you going to plant a garden now"?

Oh my poor, deprived children. All they want in life are scrambled eggs for breakfast, and a garden! The eggs I can do. As for the garden, come on, do I look like someone who likes to garden?

12 comments:

deborah said...

that is hilarious...alice had a twinkie this morning for breakfast.

Nash said...

My kids had fruity pebbles but recently are hooked on cinnamon french toast eggos. I could hear Nicole's voice in my head as I read that.
what's wrong with gardening? =)

Our Micro-Preemie organization said...

You are already doing a great job with this "blogging" thing! I love reading blogs that make me laugh. :)

Wright ON said...

Ok I am so the Eggo queen!!!I buy the huge box from Costco. But every now and then I do make waffles or pancakes which the totally get excited about. I have a garden. Do I look like the garden type. NO.. But I do love my garden.

Danielle

Amy said...

I could totally hear Nicole's voice as I was reading it too. It was making me laugh. I didn't think that kids got tired of Eggo's and cold cereal for breakfast. Wes freaks out anytime I try to make eggs. He hates them, Brooke on the other hand loves them. I can't win!

tracy said...

Boof,
Ally told me about your blog. your so with it. My e-mail is youngfam1@hotmail.com.

Emily said...

Sounds like your kids are easy to please. Scrambled eggs? Wow.

Pam, please don't start a garden, I won't know you anymore!

allison said...

I forgot about "Boof," Boof. Funny.

Pam said...

Boof, The Boof, or Burf-moof. They're all good! I don't think anyone has called me that for 10 years (except Jim).

brookeisacrazylady said...

Thats why you need chickens to have your own eggs.

thats a pretty sweet story.l

Evil Brother In Law said...

Boof,

I was startled to hear that you cooked actual food.

Are you and Andrew getting Divorced?

mruchti said...

this is hilarious - a garden?!